steps to protect the environment from dangerous bio wastes in the form of improper disposal of used sanitary napkins that are commonly used by girls and women.
This was in response to a petition from Mr.Vijayakumar of Royapettah before the NGT.
The gist of the petition was that ‘many companies were manufacturing sanitary napkins for useby children, girls and women. These napkins were widely used. However there was no
organized facility for Safe and hygienic disposal of the used sanitary napkins. Hence they are disposed haphazardly, affecting nearby areas, waterbodies and the entire surrounding environment with dangerous untreated biochemical pollutants.
This endangers the Lives of over 15 lakh Sanitation workers who handle waste management at
huge personal health risk.
Safe disposal of used Sanitary Napkins is a must’
On completing the Hearing, Members of the National Green Tribunal ( South) in Chennai,
Honorable Judge Chockalingam and Mr.P.S.Rao ( Technological Expert) , issued the following
Toilets in All Educational Institutions, Hospitals, Bus and Rail Transport Points ( major stops and stations) and public places, must be fitted with Modern, Efficient Incinerators for disposing of used sanitary napkins. This is to be carried out by the Health Department, local bodies like Corporation, Municipalities, Water and Sewerage Board and Chennai Corporation, to ensure compliance.
Pollution due to extremely harmful bio-waste from used sanitary napkins must be fully prevented. Right manufacturing companies must be identified for this purpose’.
End of the News Report.
This news coverage brings us to Glolifecare and its work with pioneering Sanitary Napkin Incinerators with cutting edge technology.
Glolife- Right Place Right Time – Keen to Serve this Burning Need of NGT & Government for saving Environment!
A brief look into some of the accolades we have received
- 4th CHINNIKRISHNAN Madras Management Association (MMA)INNOVATION AWARD 2015-for inventing feminine hygiene equipment. Find attached the link for Times of India, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/IITian-wins-award-for-tech-to-dispose-sanitary-napkins/articleshow/48949412.cms
- Recipient of SME EXCELLENCE AWARD IN SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY from Karnataka Small and Medium Business Owners Association ( KSMBOA) in the year 2015. Award given by Central Minister Shri.Ananth Kumar.
- Recipient OUTSTANDING ENTREPRENEUR AWARD from the Department of Industries and Commerce, GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU in the year 1987.
Some of our credentials are below
- Our very FIRST SANITARY NAPKIN VENDING MACHINE was installed in a rural GOVERNMENT SCHOOL AT NEMMELI AT TIRUVIDANDAI, CHENGLEPET District, Tamil Nadu and this machine was SPONSORED BY UNICEF. The inaugural launch of this machine was covered by all the leading press and also by CNN/IBN and the program was telecast and this can be viewed in our website http://www.glolifecare.com/news.php
- CHENNAI CORPORATION has taken the lead in implementing this unique facility of providing our REPROCIDE sanitary napkin destroyer in all the schools- FIRST OF ITS KIND IN THE COUNTRY and setting the trends for others to follow FOR A GREENER TOMMORROW.
- We have CSR collaborations with Aditya Birla Group, Coca Cola, Food Corporation of India-Jodhpur, Rotary Clubs to name a few.
- Our products are certified by ISO Standards, CE and cleared by TamilNadu Pollution Control Board.